A quick soup easy to make for unexpected guests.
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, drained
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 125 ml cream or milk
- 125 g bacon, chopped and fried
- 15 ml (1 T) chives, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil and season to taste.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to puree the soup until smooth.
- Allow the soup to cool and then refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream or milk.
- Garnish with the bacon bit and chives.