- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 250 ml (1 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 100g (1 cup) walnuts, toasted
- 125 ml (½ cup) sunflower seeds
- 125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
- 500 ml (2 cups) popcorn
- Drain and rinse the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas.
- Lay the chickpeas out in a single layer on a clean dish towel.
- Pat as dry as possible and leave to air dry for a further for 30 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- Roast in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the brown sugar and the cinnamon.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and toss in the cinnamon sugar.
- Return to the oven and roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off the oven and leave the chickpeas to cool and crisp.
- Toss the cooled chickpeas with the remaining ingredients.
- Store the trail mix in an airtight container.
Cooking Tip: Use any of your favourite nuts. Replace chocolate chips with dried fruit.