- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 ml (1t) cumin seeds
- 5 ml (1t) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1t) ground paprika
- 500 ml (2 C) vegetable stock or water
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix
- 1 x 15 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in Brine, rinsed and drained
- 200 g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 65 ml chopped coriander
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
To serve: plain yoghurt, roti or fresh bread,Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and until softened.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf and spices and stir well.
- Add the stock or water.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix and the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted but still green.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with the yoghurt.