Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chickpeas & Butter Bean Salad in a Jar
A simple and easy to prepare chickpea and butter bean salad in a jar. Keep your office lunch crisp and fresh by preparing the salads in layers. No more soggy greens.
- 125 ml bulgur wheat
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 65 ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 radishes, washed and sliced
- washed lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml ready-prepared creamy salad dressing
- Wash the bulgur wheat in several changes of water until the water runs clear.
- Place into a bowl and cover the bulgur wheat in fresh cold water and allow it to soak for about an hour until soft.
- Drain the bulgur wheat through a clean tea towel; squeeze the tea towel to remove all the water and set aside.
- Rinse the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas and the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans in fresh water and drain well.
- Place the chickpeas and the butter beans into a bowl.
- Add the chopped parsley and toss.
- Drizzle the olive oil and the lemon juice over the chickpeas and butter beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the salad ingredients between four mason jars as follows:
- First, pour the dressing into the bottom of the mason jars.
- Second, add the seasoned chickpeas and butter beans onto the top of the dressing.
- Third, add the prepared carrots, tomatoes and radishes.
- Finally, top with the bulgur wheat and the lettuce.
- Seal the jars and place in the fridge until serving.
- Just before serving, shake the jars such that the dressing and salad ingredients toss together.