Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chickpea and Corn Muffins
12 Number of Servings
Protein-filled snack or tea time treat.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chives, snipped
- 100 g (1 C) cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 g (2 C) self-raising flour, sifted
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Pakco Traditional Masala
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml (½ C) milk
- 65 ml (4 Tbsp) olive oil
to serve: softened butter,Places the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas into a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and stir to mix.
- Add the chives and the cheddar cheese.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and Pakco Traditional Masala.
- Stir lightly to mix.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and olive oil.
- Add the milk to the chickpea mixture and stir until just combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into a muffin tray that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake the muffins in an oven preheated to 180C for 12 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Serve warm with softened butter.