Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chicken & Vegetable Stew
4 Number of Servings
This hearty chicken meal is a one-pot winter winner.
- 125 ml (½ C) cake flour
- 2.5 ml (½ t) ground paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped and Peeled
- 1 x 115 g cup Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- boiling water
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn in Brine, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut in Brine, drained
- Mix together the cake flour, paprika and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mix, dusting off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the chicken pieces in batches until browned on all sides.
- Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, fry the garlic and the potato pieces for a few minutes.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped and Peeled and the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and stir well.
- Return the chicken pieces to the saucepan and add enough water to cover.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and with the lid closed, gently simmer the stew for about 30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the drained Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut.
- Simmer for a further ten minutes.
- Serve over rice.