Easy chicken meatballs in mildly curried tikka sauce
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml (½ cup) breadcrumbs
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 t) ginger root, finely grated
- 20 ml (4 t) garam masala
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) ground turmeric
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 x 115 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- 190 ml (¾ cup) plain yoghurt
- To serve: basmati rice or naan breads
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken mince, egg, bread crumbs and coriander and mix well.
- Shape into even-sized meatballs.
- Heat sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan, brown the meatballs on all sides, and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the garlic, onion and ginger until soft.
- Add the spices and fry for a further minute.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and lemon juice and simmer, stirring often, until thickened.
- Add the yoghurt and season to taste.
- Return the chicken meatballs to the saucepan and simmer for a few more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve over basmati rice or naan breads.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 40 minutes