Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chicken Tikka Masala
This chicken tikka is not a hot curry instead, it’s aromatic and flavoursome. Add extra chilli if you like things a little spicier.
- cucumber, diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ml (1 t ) chopped coriander leaves
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced thinly
- 65 ml cake flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 t) ginger root, finely grated
- 20 ml (4 t) garam masala
- 2.5 ml salt
- 1 ml ground turmeric
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- 190 ml plain yoghurt
to serve: chopped coriander leaves; basmati rice or Naan breads
- To make the yoghurt raita, mix together the cucumber and the tomato in a small bowl.
- Stir in the 125 ml yoghurt and 5 ml (1 t) coriander until evenly combined.
- Season to taste.
- Set aside.
- Toss the chicken in the seasoned flour and fry in batches in a little oil until brown, setting the browned pieces aside.
- To the pan, add a little more oil and fry the garlic, onion and ginger until soft then add the spices and fry a further minute.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes and lemon juice and simmer, stirring often, until thickened.
- Add the 190 ml yoghurt and season to taste.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and simmer for a few more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with the yoghurt raita and basmati rice or naan breads.