A home comfort chicken pie, creamy filling.
- 65g (¼ cup) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) cake flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock, hot
- 1 whole cooked chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
- 45 ml (3Tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 x 400 g roll ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 15 ml (1 T) water
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and the leek and fry over medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add the chicken stock and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken, Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn and the cream to the pan.
- Gently heat through.
- Add the parsley and season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out four disks the size of 4 individual ramekins, and line each ramekin.
- Whisk the egg with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Fill with chicken, sweetcorn and leek mixture.
- Cut a second piece of pastry to size and place it on top of the chicken pie filling.
- Press together the two layers of pastry with a fork and place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake the pies in an oven preheated to 180 °C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Times: 25 minutes