We’ve switched out the beef with chicken mince to make this family favourite pasta. It’s just as creamy, cheesy and delicious as the traditional one.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 1 kg chicken mince
- salt and black pepper
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 115 g can or cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 30 ml (2 T) parsley, chopped
- 250 ml (1 C) white wine
- 750 ml (3 C) white sauce
- 10 lasagne sheets
- 500 ml (2 C) grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the onions, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil until soft.
- Add the chicken mince, season, and fry until partially cooked.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste, parsley and white wine and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To assemble, start with a layer of white sauce in a casserole, then top with lasagne sheets then mince sauce.
- Continue to alternate the layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Finish by sprinkling the cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with a fresh salad.