This flu-fighting chicken soup recipe is wonderfully economical and simple enough to prepare.
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 lt. (4 C) chicken stock
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 150 g Capelli Angelo (or egg noodles or similar thin pasta)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and fry for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot.
- Bring the broth to the boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until the noodles are cooked through.
- Add the chicken and the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste and serve hot.