Enjoy a dash of Italian flair with this quick and easy chicken Alfredo pasta recipe. Rich and creamy, we’ve added some green Rhodes peas to give it a delicious and colourful texture twist.
- 400 g dried fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, sliced and chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, drained
- 250 ml (1 C) cream
- 65 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
to serve: grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the pack, then drain and set aside, keeping warm.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the chicken pieces in batches until light golden and almost cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same pan.
- Add the onion and fry until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, and fry until softened.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas.
- Pour in the cream and bring the sauce to the boil.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and heat through until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the parsley and season the sauce to taste.
- Pour the sauce over pasta and toss well to mix.
- Serve hot sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.