You can never go wrong with a versatile quiche. Particularly not when it contains South Africa’s national flavour: Biltong.
- 200g (2 C) cake flour
- 25 ml butter, slightly softened
- 125 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn
- Place the flour, salt and butter into a bowl.
- Rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the cheddar cheese and work the mixture into a coarse dough, which holds when pressed together.
- Tip the crumble into a quiche dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Press the dough into the dish evenly over the bottom and up the sides.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the bottom of the pastry.
- Add the biltong on top of the cheese.
- Add the flat leaf parsley.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn.
- Whisk together the cream, milk and eggs and season well.
- Pour this custard over the corn and bacon filling.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes or until the quiche is set, golden and puffy.
- Serve hot or cold.