Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chakalaka Chicken Curry
Fiery chicken curry to feed a crowd.
- 12 chicken pieces
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Pakco Masala Traditional Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Bisto Corn Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
- 2 generous handfuls of fresh coriander, chopped
To serve: cooked rice or pap
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces in batches on all sides until evenly browned.
- Reserve to one side.
- In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
- Add the Pakco Masala Traditional Curry Powder and stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and stir to mix.
- Mix the Bisto Corn Flour powder with the water and whisk until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Continue to cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve over rice or pap.