Great for a crowd this cheesy, spicy pap roll uses only three ingredients.
- 300 g (2 Cups) maize meal
- 1 lt. (4 Cups) water
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot and Spicy
- 250 ml (125 g) cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring the water and some salt to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the maize meal.
- Stir with a fork until well blended.
- Turn the heat down to very low and simmer covered with a lid for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Line a baking tray with a double layer of plastic wrap, cut larger than the tray on all sides.
- Spoon the maize meal onto the tray and spread to all corners, using a wet spoon to even and smooth.
- Spoon the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot and Spicy in an even layer over the top leaving a 1-2 cm edge.
- Reserve a small handful of cheese and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the chakalaka.
- Using the plastic wrap to help, roll up the pap roll from the long end side of the tray.
- Secure the edges of the plastic together and use the plastic to help shape the roll.
- Place open seam down on baking tray that has been lined with baking paper and remove the plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on the top.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the roll is heated through.
- Slice and serve.