Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Butternut and Feta Cannelloni in Tomato Sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 115 g can or a cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Heat the oil, add the vegetables and fry until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and season to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place the butternut on a baking tray.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest and garlic, seasoning and toss to mix.
- Roast the butternut in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes or until the butternut is tender.
- Remove from the oven and mash coarsely with a fork.
- Add the feta cheese.
- Pour a layer of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Fill the pasta shells with the butternut filling and place on top of the tomato sauce.
- Pour the white sauce over the top of the pasta shells.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Return the bake to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.