Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Butter Bean Shakshuka
We have added butter beans to this popular Middle Eastern dish to create a hearty bean breakfast dish. Simple to prepare, add as little or as much spice as you like.
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 x green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Tomatoes, Chopped & Peeled
- 10 ml (2 t) smoked paprika
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans
- 4 large eggs
- 65 ml (¼ C) fresh parsley, chopped
to serve: fresh crusty bread,Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Cook the garlic and onion until softened.
- Add the green pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes.
- Add the paprika and cumin and season to taste.
- Simmer the sauce over a low heat until thickened.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and simmer to heat through.
- Make four wells in the tomato sauce and crack four eggs into the wells.
- Cover with a lid and continue to simmer until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately with the fresh bread.