Make this recipe with traditional morogo, kale or leafy African spinach, a nutritional and delicious side dish.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter or oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 250 g spinach, stems removed, well washed and roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 65ml (¼ cup/50 g) toasted peanuts
- Heat the butter or oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the green pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir slowly over a low heat. Allow the spinach to soften into the sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve hot sprinkled with the peanuts.