- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) sunflower oil olive oil, divided
- 1 kg beef short ribs
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) prepared beef stock, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 x 50 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
- 65 ml (4 Tbsp) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat 30 ml (2 Tbsp) of oil in a large saucepan.
- Season the short ribs and fry to seal on all sides.
- Transfer to a heated slow cooker.
- Deglaze the pan with 250 ml (1 cup) of the beef stock and poor over the ribs.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion, celery and carrots until soft and fragrant.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup, the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and the remaining beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour the chakalaka sauce over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve over soft pap, rice or mashed potatoes.