Potjie pots are not just for potjies. Try this slow-cooked pork neck braised in a rich tomato sauce.
- 1 kg pork neck
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) dried oregano
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared chicken stock,
- Season the pork neck with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Heat the oil in a potjie pot over high heat and sear the pork neck until browned all over.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style and the prepared chicken stock.
- Reduce the direct heat and cover with a lid.
- Braise slowly for 1-2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Remove the pork from the sauce and slice.
- Season the sauce.
- Return the pork to the sauce and serve over rice or polenta.