- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 1 x 50 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 65 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Hinds Peri-Peri Spice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) chilli flakes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oreganum
- 8 chicken pieces
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Place the garlic, lemon juice and zest, Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and olive oil into bowl and whisk well until evenly blended.
Add the Hinds Peri-Peri Spice, black pepper, chilli flakes and oreganum and mix well.
Pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken pieces, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and braai to your liking, basting with the peri peri marinade during braaing.
- Serve with fresh braai salads.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Times: 30 minutes + marinading time