A simple and delicious side that’s perfect for your next braai.
- 1 kg Bread Dough
- 2 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Braai Relish
- 3 tsp garlic
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Hinds Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- 250ml (1 cup), grated cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp Packo Mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- Mix together all the ingredients except the dough and grated cheese.
- Roll the bread dough into balls.
- Dip the balls into the braai relish mixture and pack into a flat bottom cast iron pot, greased with butter.
- Once full, top with grated cheese and allow to double in size in a warm spot for 30min.
- Once risen, bake in a 180°C oven, for about 45minutes. If you’re doing it on the braai, bake on medium heat over coals for about 60minutes, checking after 30 minutes to see how close the bread is to being ready.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve the hot bread with some of the curry butter as the perfect side to your next braai.