Toss this fresh summer braai salad together in minutes.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sesame seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in Brine, drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) cucumber, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) mixed chopped fresh herbs, e.g., dill, parsley, basil, mint
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rhodes Quality Grated & Spiced Beetroot in Vinegar, drained
- Over a low heat toast the sesame seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan until golden.
- Remove from the heat, add the cumin, toss and leave to cool.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado and red onion into a bowl and toss.
- Add half of the sesame seeds and toss well.
- Season to taste.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Grated & Spiced Beetroot in Vinegar in a large salad bowl.
- Add the chickpea mix and half of the herbs and gently toss.
- Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds and herbs on top of the salad.
- Chill until serving.