This recipe will be a firm family favourite.
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml (½ cup) onion, finely chopped or grated
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) dry oregano
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion mix
- 1 x 200 ml can coconut milk
- 65 ml (¼ cup) chopped basil leaves
To serve: Grated parmesan cheese, cooked pasta.
1. Place the beef mince, garlic, onion and dried oregano into a bowl.
2. Add the breadcrumbs and egg and mix well.
3. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Divide the mixture evenly into 24 pieces and roll into balls.
5. Heat the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix in a non-stick frying pan.
6. Add the coconut milk and bring the sauce back to a simmer.
7. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
8. Season the sauce to taste and stir in the fresh basil.
9. Sprinkle the cheese over the meatballs and serve with pasta.