Sweet baked version of an old fashioned steamed pudding.
- 110 g golden syrup
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- 175 g butter, softened
- 125 g white sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 65 ml (4 T) milk
to serve: whipped cream or custard
- Spray 6 ramekins or oven proof pudding dishes with non-stick spray.
- Use half of the golden syrup to pour an equal layer of syrup into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Chop the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into small squares and evenly divide them between the ramekins on top of the syrup.
- Beat the remaining syrup together with the butter and sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Whisk in 2 eggs followed by half of the flour; then whisk in the final egg and remaining flour.
- Add the milk and beat to a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter on top of the peaches, filling each ramekin about ¾ of the way up.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake the puddings in an oven that has been preheated to 180C for 20 minutes or until a fine skewer inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the puddings to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm with fresh cream or custard.