A great winter bake: warm peach and ginger flavoured pudding.
- 125 ml (½ C) butter, softened
- 375 ml (1½ C) cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup
- 125 ml (½ C) buttermilk
- 375 ml (1 ½ C) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (½ t) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (½ t) ground ginger
to serve: custard or ice cream
- Beat the butter and sugar together until the butter is pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and spices together.
- Add 250 ml (1 C) of the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Puree the syrup and fruit of one 410 g can of Rhodes Quality Peach Slices.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Add the pureed Rhodes Quality Peaches to the batter and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Drain the two remaining 410 g cans of Rhodes Peach Slices and place the peach slices at the bottom of a baking dish that has been sprayed with spray and cook.
- Pour the batter over Rhodes Quality Peach Slices.
- Place the baking dish in a larger shallow roasting pan.
- Add hot water to the roasting pan so that it comes up to about half way on the baking dish.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with custard or ice cream.