Sweet and comforting, this traditional pudding is a well loved for good reason.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 375 ml (1½ Cup) caster sugar
- 125 ml (¼ Cup) cake flour, sifted
- 375 ml (1½ Cup) milk
- 315 ml (1¼ Cup) Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice Blend
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- grated rind of one lemon
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter, melted
- to serve: whipped cream
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until light.
- Add the milk alternating with the flour.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice Blend, lemon juice, lemon zest and the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy and stiff and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into an ovenproof dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place the dish in a pan of hot water and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with lightly whipped cream.