Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Baked Feta and Tomato Penne Pasta
Creamy, fast, and delicious, this is a tasty twist on the famous TikTok pasta. Made using Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style.
- 1 x 400 g can of Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
- 120 g (2 rounds) feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 200 g (1 cup) penne pasta
- 65 ml (¼ cup) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Pour the can of Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style into a casserole dish.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Place the feta rounds on top of the Rhodes Quality tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190°C for 30 minutes or until the feta cheese melts and browns.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted water according to package instructions.
- Drain and reserve 125 ml (½ cup) of the cooking water.
- Remove the tomatoes and feta from the oven.
- Stir well to combine the feta and the tomatoes into a creamy sauce.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, adding enough of the reserved cooking water to soften the sauce if desired.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the basil and serve.