Simple and fast chicken dish for busy days.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Olive oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 125 ml (½ cup) white wine
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Mediterranean Style
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 65 ml (¼ cup) cold water
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cornflour
- 65 ml (¼ cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil and the butter in a large frying pan and brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Add the white wine to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken stock, cream and Rhodes Quality Tomato Mediterranean Style and stir to combine.
- Dissolve the cornflour in cold water and pour into the pan.
- Cook over low to medium heat until it thickens slightly.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately over pasta.