Keep peckish guests satisfied with these bacon nibbles hot off the coals.
- 1 x 125 g packet rindless streaky bacon
- 1 x 440g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings in Syrup, drained
- 250 ml (1 Cup) Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree
- 65 ml (¼ Cup) brown sugar
- 65 ml (¼ Cup) Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cut the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings into quarters.
- Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- To make the BBQ sauce, place the Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Season to taste.
- Braai the bacon nibbles over hot coals until the bacon is crispy.
- Brush generously with the warm BBQ sauce or serve the sauce on the side as a dipping sauce when serving.