These easy-to-make bacon and egg muffins will keep in the fridge for a few days, so bake them on a Sunday and a healthy breakfast is taken care of for the week.
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- ½ green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x 225 g streaky bacon
- ½ x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the green pepper for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Set aside.
- Line the bottom and sides of 12 muffin pan cavities (that have been sprayed with non-stick spray) with bacon.
- Spoon 5 ml (1 t) of Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs into each cavity.
- Add the green pepper on top of the tomato base.
- Top each muffin with grated cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk together.
- Season the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg over the cheese, filling each muffin cavity almost to the brim.
- Bake the egg muffins in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to settle in the muffin pan for a few minutes before turning out.
- Serve hot.