Fresh and fast, this colourful crunchy Avocado and Tuna pasta salad is a meal made to enjoy.
- 1 x 170 g can shredded tuna, drained
- 250 ml (1 C) cherry tomatoes,
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 500 ml (2 C) cooked penne pasta
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 30 ml (2 T) chopped coriander leaves
- 60 ml (4 T) olive oil
- juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 ml (¼ t) ground cumin
- to serve: butter lettuce leaves, washed
- Mix together the tuna, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn.
- Add the avocado and the cooked pasta and mix.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
- To serve, spoon the salad into the lettuce leaves.