- 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Pakco Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 780 g Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins, drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) cake flour
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) Hinds Paprika
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) Hinds Cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 125 ml (½ cup) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) panko bread crumbs
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- To make the curried mayonnaise whisk together the mayonnaise and the Pakco Traditional Masala Curry Powder.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- To make the crumbed gherkins, slice the drained Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins lengthways and place onto a clean tea towel.
- Pat dry using paper towel.
Place the gherkin slices onto a cake drying rack and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Pat dry again with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, Hinds Paprika, Hinds Cayenne pepper and seasoning.
- In a second medium bowl mix together the buttermilk and the egg.
- Take 65 ml (¼ cup) of the flour mixture and whisk into the buttermilk.
In the third bowl place the breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the gherkins in the flour mixture, the the buttermilk mixture and then evenly coat them in the breadcrumbs shaking off any excess.
- Heat the air fryer to 200°
Place the gherkins in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining gherkins.
- Serve hot with the curried mayonnaise.
Serves 4 as a snack
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus drying time Cooking Time: 10 minutes