Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
6 Ingredient Butter Tomato Pasta
Prepared in under 30 minutes, this 6 ingredient pasta dish will be a busy night favourite.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 65 ml (4 Tbsp) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- 1 x 50 g sachet Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 400 g dried fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
to serve: grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the breadcrumbs and season well.
- Stir continuously until toasted and golden and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same saucepan.
- Add the garlic and fry, without colouring, for two minutes.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled and the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste.
- Bring the sauce to the heat, and simmer gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the pack and drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Season the sauce to taste.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat, adding a little of the reserved cooking water if required.
- Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if using and serve hot.
Cooking Tip: A small teaspoon of sugar added to the sauce can bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes.