If you’ve been searching for a simple mid-week treat that’s definitely Rooted in Goodness, you’ve found it! Our friends at FoodiesofSA shared this incredible Mielietert recipe with us that needs only 5 super simple ingredients to make! Create this quick, easy and delicious meal when time is short and bellies are empty.
- 1 tin (410g) Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn
- ¼ cup (56g) melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- 1¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a medium-sized square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Cream Style Sweetcorn, butter, and eggs into the dish and whisk well until combined.
- Sieve in the self-raising flour, add 1/2 cup of the grated cheese and fold through until combined.
- Smooth the top of the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle over the remaining 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before garnishing with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with chicken sosaties and a dressed salad and ENJOY!
Watch the full video here.