Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Tender enough to pull apart with a fork, this slow cooked pork can be served on buns, in wraps or over rice and mash.
- 1.5 kg pork shoulder
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 x 400g cans Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Gravy
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place the pork into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season well.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Gravy and the Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend over the meat.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic and chicken stock.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 -6 hours or until it shreds easily.
- Remove the meat from the sauce and shred using two forks.
- Pour any excess oil off the top of the sauce and whisk well.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the meat on buns or wraps with the sauce on the side.